Ok so we totally spoil our dog Willie, but who doesn't want to give their best mate something that will make them grow strong and healthy. This is one of Willie's favourite Summer recipes, super easy and quick to make.
Ingredients : (All organic)
Free range chicken breasts x 4
1 large or 2 small carrots
2 x large kale leaves
1 handful of parsley
1 handful of mint
1 cup of brown rice.
3 x tablespoon raw coconut oil
1) Start cooking your brown rice - add 2 cups of water and simmer covered on a low heat until rice is fully cooked and fluffy.
2) While the rice is cooking chop the carrots into small pieces, remove the stalks from the kale, then add these and the parsley and mint to the blender. Chop all together until very finely done.
3) In a pan melt the coconut oil on a low heat then add your blended kale, carrots and herbs to the pan and cook lightly.
6) Chop chicken breasts into smaller pieces, add to the blender and blend into mince.
7) Add the minced chicken to the pan with the vegetables and cook evenly. (Try not to overcook the ingredients and lose all their goodness)
8) When the rice is done add to the chicken mixture in the pan, remove from the heat and stir through.
9) Allow to cool before serving!
This mixture makes enough for loads of dinners so we like to divide it into meal size containers and freeze for later use.
Each morning we defrost a frozen meal in the refrigerator ready for Willie's dinner. So simple!
We also like to mix our BOK BOK CHOOK dinner with dry food to help with cleaning our little mates teeth. We love using Australian made BlackHawk
* It's a great idea to add any new foods to your dogs diet slowly to allow them to adjust.
We've got some more recipes to share soon, including a great kangaroo one, but we've love to hear what you make for your best friend too. Feel free to leave us a comment about your dogs dinner below.
Liquid error (sections/article-template line 386): Could not find asset snippets/spurit_po2_collection_template_snippet.liquid
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …